Friday, October 27, 2017

Diverse Sources

Nayir Freeman
Uses they/them pronouns

How familiar are you with the National anthem protests?

“I’m very familiar. I’ve actually been sitting for the pledge of allegiance since my second semester of high school”

What do you think about Donald’s Trump’s tweets in response to the protest?

I think a lot of them are really unprofessional just speaking as the president of the united states- I don’t find them appropriate as we are supposed to be a nation of free speech and open communication and everything so that’s within your rights to do”

What are your thoughts about how Colin Kaepernick started this protest and what has happened with the NFL?

“My dad is a veteran, my grandad was a Vietnam veteran and then I was raised by vets on a military base so I think Kaepernick Is doing it correctly but the protest has been corrupted as “OH this is anti-Trump” but no this protest began in the Obama administration, this is about people dying in the streets”

How do you think this protest ties into the first amendment?

I think if you have platform that big, you’re on an international and national stage taking that stance is really brave and powerful especially because he literally lost his job because of it.

Gaby Vergara
Hispanic female
Age: 19
 

What do you think about Donald Trump’s tweets in response to the protest?

I think they are unnecessary.

What are your thoughts about how Colin Kaepernick started this protest and what has happened with the NFL?

I feel like he started it because he really wanted to convey a message and he was black balled by not only the NFL but the entire country and it’s really unfair now especially now that everyone else is starting to do it. He deserves a voice and I think he wasn’t given one.

How do you think this protest ties into the first amendment?


We are allowed to say what we want, when we want no matter what. I know people are just like oh it’s a profession and you shouldn’t tie your political views into it but it’s more than that, they’re using their platform to speak out and actually say something

No comments: