Friday, October 27, 2017

Diverse Sources

Stephen Bunten | sdb97@txstate.edu



Name: James Joseph
Classification: Junior
Race/Ethnicity: Black/Hispanic
Gender: Male
Age: 18-25

1: What is your opinion on the National Anthem protest?

"I support it. I support the protest."

2: What does the protest represent?

"It originally started as how police treated minorities. It kinda changed once Trump said his whole, uh, calling them bitches or whatever. It changed from being about police injustice to about Trump. But it originally started with the police injustice."

3: Are you for or against the protest? Why?

"I supported it more initially. Like obviously what trump said, he didn't have to say that. But, I believe it should be more, I support it morally because of the injust treatment from police."

4: Did you hear about the person who sang the National Anthem at a basketball game then kneeled after the last note? How does that make you feel?

"I did see that. I think it's cool that she, you know, obviously first she sang it standing up. Also, she showed she supported the protest by kneeling after."

No comments: