Friday, October 27, 2017

Diverse Sources Interview Quotes

1: Why do you feel people should stand during the national anthem?

“…It’s a sign of respect: showing your pride of being American.”

2: What does the national anthem mean to you?

“I am glad I am living in the United States. I kinda feel obligated respect it.”

3: What do you think about football players kneeling for the National Anthem?

“Well I was a football player myself, so… it doesn’t really bother me that much as long as you are listening and being respectful you don’t have to stand. If you don’t want to stand then don’t stand.”

4: What do you think the goal is for the kneeling football players?

“I have no idea why they are doing this. I play football but I don’t follow it.”

5: Share your thoughts on Trump’s petition for it to be mandatory to stand during the National Anthem?

“Mandatory?... It’s good to do it to show respect… but I don’t think you need to be required to do it… maybe someone did leg day and they just want to sit down…as long as you are listening and singing along it’s fine.”

-David Oh


1: Why do you feel people should stand during the national anthem?

“It’s more out of respect. There is actual people that fought for their country and it’s kind of disrespectful. You’re forgetting what actually happened in order for us to be here and do what we want to do.”

2: What does the national anthem mean to you?

“It means freedom and that there is people out there that are fighting to be free and they have made sacrifices for us.”

3: What do you think about football players kneeling for the National Anthem?

“I’ve had family in the military so some are very against the whole thing. I understand it’s not toward the flag, it’s more towards the president and his comments and the things he was saying. I feel like they are doing it during the National Anthem because that is a way of them getting their message out.”

4: What do you think the goal is for the kneeling football players?

“It’s to get a message across that what he [Donald Trump] is saying is not right “He shouldn’t be doing this,” and their intention is not to hurt anyone, it’s just freedom of speech it’s just a peaceful protest.”

5: Share your thoughts on Trump’s petition for it to be mandatory to stand during the National Anthem?

“I feel like you should stand but you don’t necessarily have to participate in it. At least you have to show some type of respect for it. I’ve had teachers in the past that if you didn’t stand during the pledge they got really offended because they were in the military”


-Kayla

No comments: