Monday, February 22, 2016

Diverse Sources 2

Quotes collected by: Daryan Jones
Source: Simone McQuitty
Identifying info: Transfer student, 20 years old, from Houston, theater major

Q1: Texas State has been growing in student population every year, how has this growth personally affected you?

"Well, I'm a transfer student, so it was really hard for me to get any classes. I transferred as a junior, and with the upper level courses, class sizes aren't nearly as big if I had transferred as maybe a sophomore, so that affected me greatly."

Q2: So registering has been pretty hard, has it affected you in any other ways?

"I had to take less hours than I had wanted to. B
ecause it was so hard to get into classes, it was kind of a domino effect with my financial aid and all that. Because I didn't have as many hours, I wasn't able to apply for my transfer of financial aid. It took me awhile, but eventually I got another class on my schedule and I worked it all out."

No comments: