Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Diverse Sources Interview - 2

Quotes collected by: Alexis McGhee
Source: Neda Ekili
Identifying information about the source: First semester at Texas State, transfer from A&M, CIS major

1. Texas State has reached record-setting enrollment for 18 consecutive years. How have you been affected by the increased enrollment? 

"Well, this is my first semester here. I used to go to A&M, so this is much smaller. I like it though. I don't feel like it's that crowded."

2. Are your classes crowded or do you feel like you can always find a seat? 

"I like to come early because I am used to how crowded A&M is. I feel like I always find a seat here though."

3. What do you think the university should do to address the growth in population?

"I feel like they should 'up' the busses. The service is pretty off. If I miss one bus the next one is like twenty minutes away. I think they could find a way to make it more efficient. I love the campus though."

4. Even though Texas State is less populated than A&M, do you still find it easy to get around campus? 

"Well, for one thing this campus is way prettier than A&M's so I usually don't mind walking far. It used to take me an hour to get home from my classes at A&M, but at Texas State the parking lots are a lot easier to get to. I guess cause at A&M everything was spread out and here everything is in one location for the most part."

5. Do you think the university should continue to grow? Why, and do you think the increase is good or bad for San Marcos? 

"Yeah I think it should grow for sure, especially for San Marcos. If there's more people it's good for business for the university and even for the outlet mall. I think there's plenty of room for San Marcos to grow."







No comments: