Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Diverse Sources 1

Quotes collected by: Amy Thornton

Source: Victoria Anton
Year: Sophomore
Age:19
Major: Accounting
Hometown: Houston

1. Texas State has reached record-setting enrollment for 18 consecutive years. How have you been affected by the increased enrollment? 
"I personally have not been affected by the increased enrollment, but I have noticed that they have been making it harder to get accepted to Texas State. This could be for academic reasons, but also population reasons as well."

2. How was the increased enrollment impacted growth at the city-level?
"From just the fall semester to the spring semester I feel that more people have moved to San Marcos. I've noticed an increase in traffic around town and that the local department stores are more crowded." 

3. What do you think the university should do to address the growth in the population?
"I think the university should keep doing what they're doing, which is increasing the standards for acceptance."

4.What changes have you seen in your classes or job?
"I haven't seen any big changes throughout my classrooms." 

5. Do you think the university should continue to grow? Why, and do you think the increase is good or bad for San Marcos?
"I don't think the University should continue to grow because San Marcos is already a fairly small town and I feel we are at our capacity of people. If we keep growing, it will be too crowded like Austin."

No comments: