Quotes collected by: Danielle Horowitz
Source: Jessica Dougay
Identifying information about the source: Sophomore, studio art major, from Buda
1. Texas State has reached record-setting enrollment for the past 18 consecutive years. How have you been affected by the increased enrollment?
- "With more and more people coming into Texas State, the more you have to compete with others to get into certain classes for you major. If you cant get into a class, it can push you back, making you have to stay here longer which costs you more money in the long run."
2. How was the increased enrollment impacted growth at the city-level?
- "With all the construction San Marcos is having to do to accommodate all the students, the less porous the ground is becoming, making the area even more prone to flooding."
3. What do you think the university should do to address the growth in population?
- " Well I wouldn't say that they shouldn't let more students in, but I definitely think they should raise the standard of curriculum, so it would be more challenging for incoming students."
4. Do you think the university should continue to grow?
-" Yes and no. Yes because I feel like everyone does deserve to have the opportunity to go to school here, but at the same time it's like where do we go? Our campus is already so big that we would just have to keep expanding, possibly out to the forest and I am not about that."