Thursday, October 1, 2015

Diverse Sources

FullSizeRender.jpg


Quotes collected by: Kayla Matthiesen
SOURCE: Christine Yost
Identifying information about source: Christine, 20, junior, from Dallas, sociology major. Works part time at Stellar Cafe and Urban Outfitters

Question 1: The university had a record enrollment of 38,006 students last year and is expected to have a record or near-record again this year. How has this increased enrollment affected you?
“It hasn’t affected me personally, but I have seen the effect it’s had on the number of people talking the tram or the amount of construction they have to do to accommodate all the new kids”.

Question 2: Should the university continue to grow?
“Yes! For sure! It sounds a lot better that the university has a record high enrollment than a record low one, right?”

Question 3: Did the size of the university influence your decision to come here? Why?
“Yes, actually. I wanted to come to a larger university because I thought it would be good to surround myself with a lot of new people and expose me to many more experiences than a smaller campus.”


Question 4: What good do you think has come out of the university growth?
“Well, I think it’s cool they’re remodeling Jones.”

No comments: