Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Diverse Sources Irene Casanova

Quotes collected by: Irene Casanova
Source: Rusty Key
Occupation: Alkek Security officer
Hometown: Lockhart, TX
Age: 57


1. The University had a record enrollment of 38,006 students last year and is expected to have a record or near-record again this year. How has this increased enrollment affected you?

"More people come to the library, which is good."

2. Why is it good?

"Because they need to use the resources they're paying for."

3. Should the university continue to grow and why?

"The university is a businesses. All businesses need to grow."

4. Did the size of the university influence your decision to come here and why? Or did it influence to stay or keep your job?

"In 2002 yes it did. The reason I came back to work here was because I wanted to end my career where I started my first job in 1979. I came back to end my career as a security officer. I like this job here. I work for the police department, but I am assigned to the library. And I've been in the library 14 years. I enjoy this job more than any other because I'm around people. I'm around people. I'm a people person. That is why I like that we are getting more people, because that means I get to see a more diverse community.  Have you ever heard of Momma's Kitchen? They have there annual food thing. Where everybody gets together to culturally influence one another. It's a great place to meet new people. I am involved in so many organizations around campus.


No comments: