Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Diverse sources interview

Photo taken by: Erica Gauthier
Quotes collected by: Erica Gauthier
Source: Alexandria Woodward
Identifying information about the source:
Alexandria Woodward, 21, senior, education major

Question 1: Why did you initially come to Texas State?
Response: "I decided I wanted to come here a long time ago when I was younger and my mom took me to San Marcos to show me the college she went to, and I fell in love. Now, I am happy to have chosen this school because they have a great education program."

Question 2: The university had a record enrollment of 35,568 students last year and is expected to have a record or near-record again this year. How has this increased enrollment affected you?
Response: "The town of San Marcos just feels like its shrinking. Traffic is getting worse, places are getting more packed and even campus feels crowded. It's mostly affecting me at my bus stop. I can never get on the first bus and if I do I am standing and squished between two other people."

Question 3: Should the university continue to grow?
Response: "Personally, I don't think the university should grow. I think Texas State should change it's requirements and make it just a little bit harder for people to get in. This town isn't big enough for this capacity of students."

Question 4: Did the size of the university influence your decision to come here?
Response: "Yes, four years ago it did. It wasn't too small and wasn't too big, just the right amount of students to make it feel like a big university. Now I just feel like it's getting pretty crowded."

Question 5: If you plan on getting your masters, do you plan on going here? Or do you want to go somewhere else?
Response: "I didn't plan on getting my masters, but if I do decide to in the future, I'd probably choose a different school, just for a new experience and change of scenery."

No comments: