Thursday, February 26, 2015

Diverse source interview

Quotes collected by: Adam Rejino
Source: Danielle Sanders
Identifying information about the source: Danielle, 23, exercise and sport science major

     Question 1: How has the increase of enrollment over the years affected you?

"Sometimes the bus is full and this has made me late to my classes. I have some classes at Jowers and parking is sometimes over capacity. Traffic in the city itself is increasing as well which is never fun. Even going to the grocery store can be a bit overwhelming because of all the people."

      Question 2: Should the university continue to grow?

"It shouldn’t continue to grow unless we have the money and resources to support the student body more than how we are now. Other schools like UT, and ATM have the resources and TX State does not. If TX State keeps growing and we don’t have the resources then it will take a lot of the quality that we have now."

     Question 3: Did the size of the university influence your decision to come here?
     "No, I visited and fell in love with the landscape and culture." 
  
       Question 4: Have you ever been able to not sign up for classes due to them being full?

     “YES! As a senior I couldn’t sign up for a class I needed to graduate and now I have to take that class in the summer and will graduate a semester later.

      Question 5: Do you feel that the university has enough time slots for classes?

      "No. I think that there needs to be more, especially for people like me who also work."

1 comment:

Francesca N said...

Can you add the last name to the person you interviewed please?