Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Diverse Sources Interview: Parking

Quotes collected by: Samantha Vasquez 
Source: Cedrick D. Cradle
Identifying information about source: Sophomore, Music Education Major
Hometown: Austin, Texas

Question one: The university had a record enrollment of 35,568 students last year and is expected to have a record or near record again this year. How has this enrollment affected you?
Answer: “I guess parking has affected me the most since it’s bad. There’s nowhere to park ever. Even in the off hours parking gets really bad, people take them up. Now that commuters are allowed to buy green passes that just limits the on campus parking. Then construction doesn’t help as well.”

Question two: What kind of parking pass do you have and why?
Answer: “I have a silver pass so I have parking 24/7 at bobcat village since I live there. It was required to. I didn’t really want to buy that pass since it’s more expensive and would rather buy the cheaper pass and park an extra 20 feet but because there’s so many commuters and so many people that there’s no parking and we are required to buy the silver pass now.”

Question three: If you could would you buy a more expensive parking pass to get a better quality parking spot?
Answer: "No I wouldn’t. I would always park off campus because it seems like it’s less of a hassle. You are never guaranteed a spot but if you go to one of the commuter lots you may have to walk a while but there will be a spot if you get lucky."

No comments: