Monday, September 29, 2014

Quotes collected by: Carlos Marquez III
Source: Megan McCann
Identifying information about source: 4th year student

Question 1: The University had a record enrollment of 35,568 students last year and is expected to have a record or near record again this year. How has this increased enrollment affected you?
“I remember when I applied, I thought Texas State was kind of a small school… not that many people knew [where Texas State was]. It’s good for our school’s morale.”
Question 2: Should the university continue to grow?
“I think we don’t necessarily need more students to have more publicity… I think we are getting close to crowded… but I think we’re at a good level right now.”
Question 3: Did the size of the University influence your decision to come here?
“No, not at all. My sister [attended Texas State].”
Question 4: How has the student enrollment affected how you get to campus or how you get to class on time?

“I’ve lived off campus the past three years... and every year I’ve moved closer and closer to campus… you lose like a good hour trying to get to school. I have 8am classes and I have to wake up extra early.”

No comments: