Sunday, September 28, 2014

El Paso student, Carlos Marquez III chooses Journalism
Carlos Marquez III declares Journalism as his major. Carlos traveled more than halfway across Texas to attend Texas State University where he studies Journalism and Mass Communication.
 Out of the 20 students in MC1313 Lab 08, Carlos is the lone Journalism major. While other students seek careers in Public Relations or Advertising this Bobcat hopes to find a career in Journalism.
“I honestly chose Journalism because I was interested in working in Sports Journalism, you know working for ESPN,” Marquez said, “and now I want to stick with it because I want a career where I can write. I think Journalism will really prepare me to be a writer.”
Carlos says he enjoys writing and the feeling of finishing a paper is fulfilling. Some of his favorite movies contain students who hope to become writers someday as well, such as the characters of Charlie in Perks of Being a Wallflower and the character of Rusty Borgens in Stuck in Love.

Carlos is also minoring in Writing and is currently taking an Intro to Creative Writing course which is helping him explore his writing talents. Carlos hopes to write poetry in the future and even compile a book. If you would like to know more about Carlos check out Carlos's Website

No comments: