Monday, September 29, 2014

Diverse sources

Quotes collected by: Dean Garcia
Source Esperanza Estrada
Identifying information about the source: Freshman, Hispanic, from Abilene, no major
E-mail: eae48@txstate.edu

1. The university had a record enrollment of 35,568 students last year and is expected to have a record or near-record again this year. How has this increased enrollment affected you? "The door I'm living in right now is supposed to be a room for 2, but they put 3 of us in there, so it's crowded. Other than that the crowdedness hasn't really affected me in any other way."

2. Should the university continue to grow? "I think it should grow, but it should also expand, like more buildings, I know they're doing, but yea it should keep growing."

3. Did the size of the university influence your decision to come here? "If it was any smaller I don't think I would've came. I was looking a decent sized school, and this is decent."

5. What made you come to Texas State? "This was my last resort actually."
Where were you planning on going? "Notre Dame! I got accepted... but I missed the acceptance date to accept the acceptance."

No comments: