Monday, September 29, 2014

Diverse Sources

Quotes collected by: Stacy Gail Garza
Source:
Identifying information about the source:
Wes Clary
25, Junior
Canyon Lake, Texas
Email: wesclary@hotmail.com



1.     The university had a record enrollment of 35,568 students last year and is expected to have a record or near-record again this year. How has this increased enrollment affected you?

       "I'll be honest this is my first semester here, i'm a transfer student, so it hasn't personally affected me. I don't find the school to crowded at all. I come in from noon to six thirty...so that whole scene I don't even see it." 



2.     Should the university continue to grow? 
"Absolutely. I just think growing is good, it's good for the community."



3.     Did the size of the university influence your decision to come here? (Consider- can this question apply to more than just students?) 
"No not at all.. It is a day and night difference from my old community college. The classes here are double the size compared to my other classes being like a high school class from 20-30 students." 

4. Do you think we will run into any problems if we continue to grow? 
"Crime will grow, but with the bad comes good. The good stuff will grow too." 
 "I don't think i've ever been to a college that has the parking situation under control." 




No comments: