Monday, September 29, 2014

Diverse Source Interview

Quotes collected by: Alexandra Ruffo
Source: Donnie Kelly
Identifying Information about source: 
Sophomore 
19 
majoring in Elementary Education 
from Missouri City
Email:  dj1259@txstate.edu


     Question 1: The university had a record enrollment of 35,568 students last year and is expected to have a record or near-record again this year. How has this increased enrollment affected you?
     "I live at Hillside. I don't ride the bus ever. I just walk. The amount of students does not bother me."

Question 2: Should the university continue to grow?
"Everything feels the same, so as far as classes growing goes everything is good."  

Question 3: Did the size of the university influence your decision to come here? 
"I chose Texas State because my uncle pretty much, like, brought me here when I was a freshman in high school. I thought to myself this place is pretty cool, and I thought the environment was easy going. I'm really easy going."


Question 4: If you could change one thing at the university what would you change, and why?  
"The only thing I don't enjoy is all of the construction. I used to have to walk on the very edge of the road next to cones. It was kind of sketchy, but it has gotten better.  

No comments: