Friday, February 21, 2014

Diverse sources-Ryan Calvert





Quotes collected by: Ryan Calvert

Source: Janelle Erikson

Janelle is a 20-year-old mass communications major from Midland, Texas who works at the Information desk in the LBJ student center.

The University has a record enrollment of 35,568 students this semester. How has this increased enrollment affected you?
“It hasn’t really affected me, because I’ve only been here for a year, and it was already pretty big by the time I got here.”

How, if at all, has the influx of students affected parking for you?
“Parking is miserable here because there’s not enough spots for everyone. I walk to campus from my house, but because it’s close to campus people use my street to park in front of my house which is irritating.”

Did the size of the university influence you to come here?
“No, I really liked the campus and thought it was pretty.”

Since you work at an information desk on campus, have you noticed the increased student population at your job?

“I do notice it working here, because I talk to tons of people every day, but I feel like compared to other universities it’s a normal sized university.”

 

 

 

 

No comments: