Friday, February 21, 2014

Diverse Sources: Nicole Weber

Quotes collected by: Nicole Weber
Source: Rachel Green
Age: 18
Major: Nursing
Year: Freshman
Gender: Female

The university has reached a record enrollment of 35,568 students; do you believe this has affected parking? If so, how?
“I live on campus but because the parking pass for commuters is $150 I did that instead of the green pass. So I have a purple perimeter pass and there has been times where I’ve had to like park somewhere off campus and when I first got here I got towed. Most of the time I can’t find a spot. And inside parking lots is dangerous and people like almost hit each other so it’s kinda scary.

Do you think the university should continue to grow?
“I think growing is a good thing, if you can afford it.”

What ways do you think the university can accommodate if we took in more students?
“Build more parking garages. And obviously more housing too. “

Where do you park now?
“SPEC .”

Where do you live?
“Gaillardia. I didn’t want to pay the $400 dollars for the green one.  It’s pretty bad for the commuters too though because their trying to get a spot and that can make them late to classes and they also still have to walk.”

No comments: