Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Diverse Sources- Emily Kellar

Quotes collected by: Emily Kellar

Source: Grace Svoboda
Age: 22
Email: gs1177@txstate.edu
Class: Senior - Communications Design
From: Arlington, T.X.
Occupation: Waitress and full-time student

The university has a record enrollment of 35,568 students this semester. How has the increase in enrollment affected you?
"When I got here almost four years ago, I don't remember parking and traffic to be that much of a problem. Now, I have to plan for it everyday when I commute to campus. It's a pain."

Did the size of the university influence your decision to come here? 
"Honestly, the year that I applied for Texas State, I was one of the few in my senior class who did. I liked the small-town feel of San Marcos; the feeling is still there, but I can tell it's starting to fade as the city grows."

What do you consider to be the most negative aspect of the city's rapid population growth?
"Although it's good for the university and the San Marcos economy, I dread the day that our beautiful river and its resources show obvious negative signs of population growth. It's important that the San Marcos community keeps our environment a priority."

No comments: