Friday, February 21, 2014

Diverse Source


Quotes collected by: Haley Hartt
SOURCE: Jenae RhoadesIdentifying information about source: Jenae Rhoades, white female, Junior, age 20, from Cameron, Texas, Student, education major. Works part-time student worker for Texas State


The university has a record enrollment of 35,568 students this semester. How has this enrollment increase affected you?
“I don’t really think that it has. I haven’t really noticed that there are so many people. Parking sucks, I mean, but it always has. I am in my major classes and some are really big, some are really small. I am not in my basics anymore.”

Should the university continue to grow?
“Probably not, because there are a lot of people that live here and they already have expanded so much, they have expanded apartments and dorms but they haven’t expanded buildings. It is really crowded and San Marcos can only grow so much.”

Did the size of the university influence your decision to come here?

“Yes and no. I wasn’t originally going to come here because it is so big, but my brother went to school here so I decided to go.”

No comments: