Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Quotes collected by: Homer Gonzalez
SOURCE: Courtney Moufarrej
Identifying information about source: Courtney Moufarrej, Junior, age 20, from Houston, Texas, student, Mass Communication major. Works at KTSW.
Question 1: The university has a record enrollment of 35,568 students this semester.  How has this increased enrollment affected you?
Personally, I think it’s awesome that there’s that many people at our school.  I guess, like, parking is the biggest thing. There are just so many kids and I’m pretty sure we’ve sold more parking permits than we have actual parking spaces.  I think that’s the only dilemma.” 
Question 2: Should the university continue to grow?
“Yeah, because it’s good. That’s awesome that there are so many people here at Texas State and I mean, we are expanding, like, all the construction that’s going on and new dorms...so yeah…”
Question 3: Did the size of the university influence your decision to come here?
 “Not really.”
Question 4: Does the increase in population at Texas State affecte your commute to and from campus?  
"Oh, yes! I live at the Heights II so literally I have waited for three busses to pass because they’re always really packed. We just, like, jam pack ourselves on there so I think that is a really big hassle.  It’s just ridiculous that we’re all just like little sardines rushing for the bus.”
Question 5: How do you think this issue can be resolved? 

“More busses.  That’s the only thing I can think of.”

No comments: