Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Quotes Collected by Brittany Lesoon Diverse Sources

SOURCE: Mckenna Greer
           
                               Identifying information: Senior, 22 years old, from Portland, Maine, interior designer major.

 Question 1: How has the increased enrollment affected you? "It hasn't really affected me, but my friends usually complain about the transportation system... I don't take the bus because it is usually late or does'nt show...The parking lots are completly packed by 7:30 a.m. so I kinda cheat and park in surrounding neighborhoods (she laughed)...I have friends that have tons of problems with parking...I used to live across from the rec and they would park in my driveway because they wouldn't want to deal with the crowded busses or the filled parking lots." 

Question 2: Should the university continue to grow? "Yes, but at some point they need to stop....We should set a high bar so Texas State can become compared to a school like A&M or UT. 

Question 3: Did the size of the university influence your decision to come here? "No, the location did." 

Question 4: How do you think the growing student body will affect Texas State? "It could be good if we set the bar high because if we just let "anyone" in we might bring our university down and make it a little less prestigious... I know a lot of people who want to go to Texas A&M or University of Texas and we should try to be more like them." 

No comments: