Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Story 3 Interview by Aissa Vallecillo

Quotes collected by: Aissa Vallecillo
SOURCE: Natalie Reyes
Identifying information about source: Natalie Reyes, Texas State Junior, 20 years old
Question 1: How has the drastic increase in enrollment at Texas State affected you?
"I have been here for three years and the growth of the school has affected me negatively. It has created all of this construction and it’s made it impossible to get anywhere on time.”
Question 2: Has this growth affected you financially at all?
“I’ve definitely noticed my tuition is higher. It’s probably to pay for all for the new renovations and housing they are building everywhere. Like they are building a new Theatre Center and adding apartments and dorms left and right. I don’t live on campus anymore, but now I kind of wish I did.”
Question 3: So you tell me you live off-campus, do you take the bus to school?
“I do ride the bus and I feel like the bus system has gotten a bit more efficient. I mean, there are improvements that could be made, but they have added additional bus stops. Ever since they moved my stop to behind Flowers, it’s made my life a lot easier. The quad bus loop is so crowded, so I think they have been improving their bus routes and I’m happy about that.”
Question 4: Do you think the university should continue to grow?

“I think it’s great that the university is growing but I don’t like being in the midst of it all. It seems like they keep accepting more and more students without thinking through the repercussions, you know? They should have spent more time thinking about the effects and preparing for them. We don’t live in Austin. We are a small town and we shouldn’t try to become UT.”

No comments: