Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Not on my Private Property


Quotes collected by: Christopher Henry

SOURCE: Jemeka Summerhill
Email- JS2040@txstate.edu

Identifying information about source: Jemeka Summerhill, Senior, Black, Female,  part-time teacher, middle class, age 25, from North Austin, Texas, Student, Family Consumer Science.

Question 1: What do you think about graffiti on campus?
“Well actually I didn’t really know too much about the graffiti on campus. I’m a commuter from Austin, you know.”


Question 2: Have you seen the graffiti on campus?
“Well like I said before, I commute so I don’t really stay on campus much. So I haven’t seen any graffiti.”


Question 3:  How do you think graffiti on campus should be handled?
 “Well no matter what, it is still vandalism, you know. I mean it is still illegal, you know. I think that sometimes its nice, but they shouldn’t do it on private property.”

Question 4:  Since you are from Austin, is there a difference in how the city views graffiti?
“Yeah, I think so, in Austin they appreciate graffiti more and even think it’s iconic, you know, whereas San Marcos is a different city and has a different view on it.”

No comments: