Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Is graffiti art or vandalism?

Quotes Collected by: Isamar Terrazas
Source: Austin Anderson
Identifying information about source: Austin Anderson, from Montgomery, Texas, Freshman, Secondary Education major, Anglo, Female, Student, age between 18-25.

Question 1: What do you think about graffiti on campus?
___"I don't like it. I don't consider it artwork, I consider it vandalism. I don't think there's any value to it at all."

Question 2: Have you seen graffiti on campus? If so where?
___ Anderson does not know whether to consider the chalk writing on campus as graffiti.

Question 3: How do you think graffiti should be handled?
___ "I think there should definitely be a punishment if  you are caught. I think there should be maybe an organization or something that kind of up keeps in general specifically the quad or something like that, like a volunteer organization."

Question 4: How would you handle graffiti if you have a close friend participate in it? Would you support it?
___ "I definitely wouldn't support it. I wouldn't rat them out but I would probably tell them not to do it."


No comments: