Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Graffiti



Harry Bowers
hb05@txstate.edu
Race/Ethnicity: Anglo
Gender: Male
Age: 36-50
Occupation: Faculty


      1. What do you think about graffiti on campus?
“Well, what little I know about it, I think I read in the Star, and unfortunately I’ve seen some of it. It’s a nuisance, it’s ugly, it’s unfortunate. People choose to deface campus; whether they are students are not. So personally, no, I don’t obviously like it, I wish we could get it under control.”
2. So you’ve seen graffiti on campus? If so where?
“The graffiti I think I’ve seen down, I believe, on State Street meets Sessom while at the stop sign trying to turn there; there’s some utility boxes. I know from reading the Star there’s other places on campus, but personally that’s where I’ve seen it.” 
3.  How do you think graffiti on campus should be handled?
“Well, I don’t have the magic answer for that, obviously, I’m sure our facilities people try to cover it up as quickly as they can. But that can be a tedious task, per se. So, my thing is trying to get it taken care of as soon as possible.”

Quotes collected by Skye Wallace

No comments: