Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Graffiti and stuff


Thomas Hobbs
Race/Gender: Anglo Male
Age: 18-25
Geography: Austin, TX
Occupation: Student
Classification: Senior
thomas.hobbs@g.austincc.edu

1: What do you think of graffiti on campus?

"If someone does some graffiti, it doesn’t really affect or impact my life really. I’m kind of indifferent to it."

2: Have you seen graffiti on campus?
“Not really, I haven’t really noticed anything in particular.”

3: How do you think graffiti on campus should be handled?
“However people in charge deem it necessary. It really doesn’t impact my life. “

4: Does culture influence who would vandalize?

“Most people don’t wake up one day and say, “I’m going to try this out; it seems like fun.” They kind of get the idea from somewhere. Might be a part of the culture they’re in, cause there’s lots of different people who enjoy doing graffiti and it’s not a bad thing I don’t think, there are definitely boundaries.

That’s kind of the cool thing about graffiti anyways, it’s kind of counter-culture, kind of subversive a little bit  so I guess that’s the whole thing about it.”



No comments: